ST VINCENT DE PAUL’S POOR MAN’S SUPPER FUNDRAISER will be held on September 30 and St Matthew will be making Taco Soup.
- We’ve attached the recipe and the flyer about the event. So, if you don't wish to cook, you get a free recipe this week. Contact Alisa or Greta if you wish to help by making taco soup.
- Be sure to get your tickets ($10) for this event!
- Pickup or eat in will be at JGS the evening of Tuesday, September 30.
2014 DIOCESAN LITURGICAL CONFERENCE – DYING AND RISING:
- Paschal Mystery as Expressed in the rites of the Catholic Church
- Rev. Paul Turner, Noted Sacramental theologian, Author, and Presenter will be the Keynote Speaker
- Western Deanery – Monday, September 22, 2014; 6-8 pm; Catholic Center in Shreveport
- Eastern Deanery – Tuesday, September 23, 2014; 6-8 pm; Jesus Good Shepherd Church in Monroe
- Registration is $20; Contact Dianne Rachal at 318-868-4441 or
THE INAUGURAL NORTHEAST LOUISIANA SVDP SOCIETY WALK FOR THE POOR will be held Saturday, September 20 at the St. Frederick’s High School track in Monroe.
All students at Jesus the Good Shepherd School, Our Lady of Fatima School and St. Frederick High School and their parents along with all other students and residents of Northeast Louisiana are encouraged to participate either by walking or sponsoring a participant. Please put the date on your calendar at this time and start thinking about potential sponsors for you and your family members. Also, your time and treasure is needed to insure that the event is successful. If you can help financially or assist at the track on the day of the event, please contact:
MARK YOUR 2015 CALENDARS – Living Christ in Your Marriage
A Day of Adult Formation in your Marriage Covenant in Christ
- Saturday, February 28, 2015 9am – 4 pm (including Vigil Mass)
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church, 522 East Flournoy Lucas Road, Shreveport LA
- Presenter and Facilitator – Jim Schellman, Vice President for Mission at Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center in Lafayette, LA and former executive director of the North American Forum on the Catechumenate for 15 years
- Registration is $40/couple; deadline to register is February 23, 2015
- Contact Anna Provenza to register, 318-798-1887 or
FAITH FORMATION ACTIVITIES
Want to learn more about the Catholic Church?
- RCIA (Rites of Christian Initiation for Adults)
- Thursday nights @ 6:30 PM.
- Led by Deacon Scott Brandle
- Learn about Catholic teaching, prayer, and ritual
The Teachings of Pope Francis
- Led by author Mike Van Vranken
- Marsh Hall on Tuesdays from September 23 to October 28, 2014, from 6:30pm – 8:30 pm
- Prayer, instruction, discussion, and hospitality
Weekly Mass Preparation
- Led by Deacon Scott Brandle
- Discuss the Readings for the upcoming weekend Mass
Kids ages 4 – 17:
- New Faith Formation classes
- All classes will be held in Marsh Hall
- First Eucharist and Confirmation Preparation will be held during this time.
Feel called to lead?
DON’T FORGET TO GO TO MASS WHILE YOU ARE TRAVELING
- Go to www.masstimes.org to plan your Mass attendance while planning your vacation. Be safe and have fun!