CALLING ALL COOKS! For the St Vincent de Paul POOR MAN’S SUPPER fundraiser on September 30, St Matthew will be making Taco Soup. We’ve attached the recipe and the flyer about the event. So, if you don't wish to cook, you get a free recipe this week. Contact Alisa or Greta if you wish to help by making taco soup.
Be sure to get your tickets for this event!
2014 Diocesan Liturgical Conference
Dying and Rising:
- Paschal Mystery as Expressed in the rites of the Catholic Church
- Rev. Paul Turner, Noted Sacramental theologian, Author, and Presenter will be the Keynote Speaker
- Western Deanery – Monday, September 22, 2014; 6-8 pm; Catholic Center in Shreveport
- Eastern Deanery – Tuesday, September 23, 2014; 6-8 pm; Jesus Good Shepherd Church in Monroe
- Registration is $20; Contact Dianne Rachal at 318-868-4441 or
The inaugural Northeast Louisiana SVDP Society Walk For The Poor will be held Saturday, September 20 at the St. Frederick’s High School track in Monroe.
All students at Jesus the Good Shepherd School, Our Lady of
Fatima School and St. Frederick High School and their parents along
with all other students and residents of Northeast Louisiana are
encouraged to participate either by walking or sponsoring a participant.
Please put the date on your calendar at this time and start thinking
about potential sponsors for you and your family members. Also,
your time and treasure is needed to insure that the event is successful.
If you can help financially or assist at the track on the day of the
event, please contact J. Randolph (Randy) Smith (387-6496 or 348-
5609), Kevin Dwyer (953-4626), or Cary Petty (225-892-5701).
You can also email questions to
MARK YOUR 2015 CALENDARS - Living Christ in Your Marriage – A Day of Adult Formation in your Marriage Covenant in Christ
- Saturday, February 28, 2015 9am – 4 pm (including Vigil Mass)
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church, 522 East Flournoy Lucas Road, Shreveport LA
- Presenter and Facilitator – Jim Schellman, Vice President for Mission at Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center in Lafayette, LA and former executive director of the North American Forum on the Catechumenate for 15 years
Registration is $40/couple; deadline to register is February 23, 2015
Contact Anna Provenza to register, 318-798-1887 or
Father Richter is blessing Spat’s Drug Store at their new location.
- 2221Justice Street
- Thursday, September 18 at 10AM
Following the blessing there will be a book signing by Don Spatafora.
His book is "Who Me?" There will be an Open House with light refreshments till 2 p.m. All are welcome to join us in this celebration!
FAITH FORMATION ACTIVITIES
Want to learn more about the Catholic Church? RCIA (Rites of Christian Initiation for Adults) instruction will be held on Thursday nights @ 6:30 PM. Deacon Scott will again lead these classes where participants will learn about Catholic teaching, prayer, and ritual.
- The Teachings of Pope Francis led by author Mike Van Vranken will be held in Marsh Hall on Tuesdays from September 23 to October 28, 2014. Sessions will be held from 6:30pm – 8:30 pm. The format for the sessions will be prayer, instruction, discussion, and hospitality.
- Deacon Scott Brandle will have a class during our Faith Formation Wednesday Program. In his class, participants will read and discuss the Readings for the upcoming weekend Mass.
Kids ages 4 – 17:
- We have new Faith Formation Wednesday classes that will begin in September. All classes will be held in Marsh Hall. All of our First Eucharist and Confirmation Preparation will be held during this time.
Feel called to lead?
DON’T FORGET TO GO TO MASS WHILE YOU ARE TRAVELING or on vacation this summer. Go to www.masstimes.org to plan your Mass attendance while planning your vacation. Be safe and have fun!
YOU ARE NEEDED… We are looking for volunteers in all areas of ministry, for each Mass. Do you have gifts that you would like to share with your Catholic family? Please contact the parish office and let us know how you would like to help. Our needs are:
- Altar Servers
- Altar Society
- Choir Members
- Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion
- Rosary Leaders (4PM Mass)